Some guidance for writing better commit messages:
- this isn’t a bad guide https://vip.wordpress.com/documentation/commit-messages/
- mentions git but broadly useful: https://robots.thoughtbot.com/5-useful-tips-for-a-better-commit-message
- http://chris.beams.io/posts/git-commit/ more along similar lines (I’m not fussed about point 5), and wrapping is a git thing not a tfs thing.
- A list of highlights of changes in bullets is often nice to add, makes it easier to spot the key changes in a large diff
- Also remember your code and your commits can last a veeeeeery long time, and you never know what poor soul will have to understand what you did and why years later…